I Garden, Therefore I Can

OK, I was canning my umpteenth jar of peaches the other day and this meandered into my musings. I Garden, Therefore I Can - a switch on the I Think, Therefore I Am philosophy. I thought it was cute (I might be the only one) but maybe there are others out there who have been canning and preserving all summer and they can see the light at the end of the tunnel - Fall! Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for the amount of free food that is on our property and it is an awesome feeling when you are all done to look at the full cupboards, but sometimes in the middle of it all...sigh : )I have put up 38 quarts of peaches and am now done as of yesterday, but the pears are close to being ready so I'll be doing pear sauce pretty soon. The last in a long line of produce: strawberries, cherries, green beans, squash, tomatoes, peaches, apples, and then pears. But when those are done, we'll hunker down for the winter and enjoy the fruits of our labor (no pun intended)

Comments

  1. Aren't you quite the becky-homecky....quite impressed. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope