That time when the Wiegands came to town

I had anticipated it for months.  Made sure to keep my July calendar free.

My dear, dear friend, Carrie, and her husband and kids, were going to make a 2 week stop in our area.  They were in the states this summer, returning for a bit from their work in Zambia.


Well, the time came and went.

Way too quickly.

But we were able to squeeze some quality time in while they were here.
 
A cookout with their prayer team, hosted at our house.








A sleepover at out house their first night in town (catch up time!).

 Comparison shot! 2013 to 2015



A late night (up until 5AM) with ladies from church.

A zoo trip that was shrouded with thunderstorms.  We were just about the only people in the park.



 We had to hang out with the orangutans as the storm blew through.

 And I've always wanted to be in Africa with Carrie.  But, the African Safari will have to do for now.


 An overnight getaway with dear friends.  Many laughs and little sleep.  Wonderful.











And now they are gone, back in Africa, working on transitioning back into the life that has become theirs over the last 2 years.

It's goodbyes like these that make me long for heaven.  A place where there are no more goodbyes.

But it also makes me thankful for this thing God has set up.  This Family of God.

That although thousands of miles and a huge ocean separates us, I can rest in the assurance that God is both present here with me, and present there with them  AT. THE. SAME. TIME.

And I can celebrate the fact that no goodbye said to another child of the King is a forever goodbye.  We will see one another again.

And that is for sure.


Comments

  1. Awesome pics, Nichole! Thanks for loving on and praying for our people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you probably grieve again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. nichole, I loved this post!!!! Looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope