13


The first thing that caught my attention was his sense of humor.


And following right along with it was the sense that he didn't really care if he was 'cool' or not.  He didn't see the need to fit into a certain mold.

And I thought that was so....cool.


It took another year before I had the guts to make actual conversation with him.\


And it took him another 6 months before he had the guts to ask me out.


In 9th grade Spanish class.

And now, 18 years later, we are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary.

We had our doubters.  Some people didn't think we would make it.  Some people didn't think we should make it.


Too young, too dumb...

But, praise the Lord, we started it out right, and have worked to keep it there.


God in the middle.

Obviously, we're human, so there's ups and downs.  

And I wonder why that 'cool' kid sticks it out with me.

But he does. 

And I thank the Lord for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope