For when my vision is blurred

Paul tells us in Corinthians that now we see through a glass darkly.

So, maybe I will always have this skewed vision this side of heaven.  This struggle to see Jesus clearly.

But lately it's leaving me floundering, stumbling.

It's so easy to get our life's purpose out of focus.  It's so easy to think it's about us.  It's about my comforts.  My needs.

Tuesday night I have the joy of hearing this live.

rendcollective.com

And maybe it was the atmosphere.  Maybe being surrounded by the music, experiencing it.  But it's like I was hearing the words for the first time....again.

It was a great reminder for me, for when my vision focuses on something other than Christ.

My vision should be Jesus only.  Because only HE satisfies.  My best thought throughout any day or night is Him.  He is my wisdom and my truth.  My battle-shield and sword for the fight.  My shelter and strong tower.  I don't need money or human acceptance, because God has my inheritance set aside, waiting on me.  And when this earth is done, and the final victory is won, He will still be my vision, ruler of my heart. (paraphrase mine)

I need that song playing on headphones, attached to my ear all day long.  I fall back into self-vision so easily. 

I need Jesus-vision, all day, every day.  My days are guaranteed to be better, despite the circumstances, if I could do that.


Comments

  1. love your paraphrase : )

    Here's what's been running through my head lately-
    "though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him, and are filled with an inexpressible & glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, salvation of your souls."

    I Peter chpt 1 just rocks me every time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope