Feeling Nostalgic

The time is winding down and I'm getting nostalgic as it is getting closer.


There are so many things about this life we have lived for the last 5.5 years that I will miss.

There have been many difficult, stretching, growing times.  Things I have vaguely written about here on this blog.

But there are also things about this place that I have loved and enjoyed and am sad to be leaving:

This track, being right outside my door, I can take runs at 10:00 at night feeling completely safe.




 This fireplace, where many conversations have taken place.


This kitchen, where several messes can be going on at one time.


The view from our back patio, a small break in the day, a breath of fresh air.


This apartment.  A small private (the only part) haven in our world.


The food room.  Just a short walk and I can have milk (as long as it's not a Monday in the summer!).


Our neighbors.  Our children have countless other little kids to play with.  Now with the weather being a bit warmer, they are all coming out to play.


Our front door.  I love being able to just look out and see the campus and seeing the seasons change through it.


We are in our final weeks.  June 13th is our final day as Houseparents at Gateway Woods.  And as much as I am excited about our next stage, I am sad for some things we are leaving behind. 

As I've said before, we've given a little bit of our hearts to every child who has walked through our door.  All 50+ of them.  And a lot of memories have been made in this Cypress House over the last half decade.

Good and Bad.

But I'm so glad we made the decision to come.  We've been changed as much (if not more!) than some of those kids who have walked through that door.

To every thing there is a season, 
and a time to every purpose under the heaven
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope