Something different around here...

Well, he left this morning.

He went to court and it's official.

He is no longer a resident in our house.

For two and a quarter years he has lived with us.

Over 2 years.

I'm sure you can understand that if someone lives in your home for that long they pretty much have become a part of your family.

Although he was officially a resident at Gateway Woods, his personality, his life experiences, his approach to us, was more like a foster child.

Our kids saw him as a big brother.  Owen actually told him once that his last name was Suvar.

(My apologies on a not so great picture.  I can't show a full face picture, and this is the best I could find.)

Now, he didn't leave here perfect, with everything figured out.  We weren't expecting that.  We never expect that.

But he did leave here a more mature, grounded, respectful individual.  He isn't moving too far away and I suspect that we will be seeing him around.

I sure hope so.

So, right now I work through a feeling of melancholy.  A little let down from 2 years of a certain "norm."

Another kid will come.  Will fill that bedroom.  Sit in that chair at the table.  More lessons will be taught, consequences given.

But I will not forget these last 2 years with him.  And what he has taught me during it.

Comments

  1. Nichole, I will pray for you! We were in church yesterday and I was so glad I was able to talk to him for awhile! He told me he would be leaving today...I'm sure this is so hard for all of you. What a sweet kid he is. And he is so blessed that he could be in your house for 2 years! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Brian just told me last night that he was leaving gateway. What a bittersweet moment!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hard to believe how this seemed to happen pretty quickly! smith wanted to say good bye to him on sunday and i realize we left without looking him up. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope