A thought on being authentic


Those who are authentic are relevant.
Those who compromise authenticity to be relevant become corrupt.
Author Unknown

I think of myself as a fairly easy going person.  I don't get offended real easily.

But I do have a few pet peeves.  A few strange ones, but the one that gets me most often?

Fake people.

I try to be as real with people as possible.  I will tell you like it is.

I'll try to use some tact, but you are still gonna get the truth.

Sadly, I come across fake people quite often.

Like, daily.

We keep preaching to these kids to be real.  Be real about your struggles.  Be real about your faults.  Be real about what you actually like, not pretending to like something because someone else does.

Because you can only hold up the disguise, the fakery, for so long.  And either you get tired and it all falls down, or the truth finds you out in the end and there you are staring at a lap full of consequences.

I think we can all fall into that trap, though.  Putting up the front that all is good.  Because, well, that is what is expected.

Everyone who does evil … will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light. John 3:20-21, NIV

Truth is, we are all sinners and we are all doing something wrong at some point in every day.  Are you willing to admit it?  Are you willing to confess this to a fellow Believer and look for accountability?

Or will you choose instead to paste on the smile, act like all is fine, and fake your way through this life?

Let's live life's of truth!  Admit when we are wrong or when we don't know.

How can we be a light to the darkness when we are living behind a filter of something that we are not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope