change

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights who 
does not change like shifting shadows.

If you have followed this blog over the last couple months, you could probably sense that I was going through a rough patch.  Thankfully things have settled down a bit and I feel like I have been able to catch my breath over the last week or two. 

I'm a person who likes to keep calendars and record events to look back on later.  As I flipped through the last several months on the calendar I noticed a pattern:  every time we were on duty (a 6-9 day stretch) there was some big change that was happening in our house.  Either a new resident was introduced into the house, a major blowup happened with a resident that brought everything to a standstill, or a resident left for one reason or another.  Just looking back made me tired all over again.  No wonder I felt weary and emotionally spent!

I would like to not have to do anything of that sort again anytime soon.  But alas, that kinda comes with the job...and I sense more change coming around the corner...

Which is why I am glad I have a heavenly Father that I can cling to, through good times and bad.  

And that He gives me promises like that one stated above.

I have a Heavenly Father who does not change.

There are so many uncertainties in this life. And I can let myself get bogged down with concern over all the things that seem to be uncertain swirling around me.

But I just need to bring myself back to the Truth.  I feel like I blog about this a lot.

Maybe it's because I have a hard time learning this lesson in my life.

I like to have everything nice and neat and organized and where it's supposed to be.

However, life is messy and chaotic and disorganized.....and beautiful.  I guess if I wanted that perfect controlled life I could live as a hermit up in the mountains.

But then I would miss all the beauty that comes with this crazy life that is right here in front of me.  And the lessons they teach me.

And I will just have to wait for all that perfectness when I get to heaven.

Now that will be perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope