Melancholy

Kinda feeling it this evening.

Not sure what has brought it on.  Whether it's because I'm fighting a cold.  Or because I didn't sleep all that well last night. 

Not sure.

But sometimes I think God is trying to speak to me in those melancholy times.  I think sometimes I am discontent and not even aware of it.

Does that make any sense?

I hope it does to someone, because then I wouldn't be alone in this.

At any rate, what better way to pull out of melancholy (or discontent) than to count blessings, right?

A short picture list (in no particular order...because this is the order I found them in and downloaded them from their folders...and can't switch them around because I am computer illiterate...)

 My beautiful children
 My wonderful, loving, forgiving, perfect-for-me husband


Peace in Jesus Christ
Co-laborers in this work that make this life just a bit more sun-shiny
Family that loves us and accepts us just the way we are

Sisters! 'nuf said

Food, shelter, clothing...all those things I take for granted that some can only hope for...

My church family.  And the freedom to worship with them.

Sigh.  OK. That did help just a little bit...

Here's to tomorrow...start of a new week!

Comments

  1. I think we all have those melancholy moments. Your "grateful for" list was great. Has your week been any better?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope