Dad's 60th




Dad's birthday was this past Sunday and we did a little surprise shindig for him. He knew that his own kids were coming over but thought that it was going to be low-key. But at 6 o'clock my Aunt Marcia and Uncle Brian walked in the door (along with Lori and Jack - a surprise to all of us! :) a minute later U. Derrel and A. Sue, and right behind them were U. Allen and A. Arlene. The surprise worked out great because Dad didn't even see them pull up to the house. He didn't know any of them were there until they walked into the kitchen. I was so glad that it worked for all of dad's siblings to be there. With everyone there, there were about 20 people in the house which led to quite a commotion, but then you expect that with the Steffen's : ) We managed to get 60 candles on the cake and after a bit of help from the propane torch, were able to get them all lit. Many thanks to my aunts and uncles for making the effort to come over to celebrate dad's birthday, I think it made it even more special that everyone was able to make it. (and to my cousins, my apologies, I didn't have it in me to plan a huge event like for Marcia's last year, I thought I was doing good at least getting the aunts and uncles together! : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope