Small moments of purpose in the every day.
"So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12
who said you had to spend a lot of money?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
So here is Owen's latest toy - an empty diaper box and a belt. We spent 15 minutes last night "riding" around the house. Maybe if I put a rag under the box, we could polish the dining room floor....
My first post about Zambia was all about the beauty it has to offer. I wanted to lead with that because I don't want it to be lost among the pictures that will be seen in this one. Zambia was beautiful in many ways. The colors, the landscape, the people. But there are many difficult and hard things about Zambia, too. I will not count myself as an expert (SO very far from that!) but I will do my best to present the facts as I had seen them and as they were told to me. Zambia won it's independence from British rule in 1964. Since then they are struggled to get a government going that is sustainable and good for the people. There is essentially no middle class in Zambia. There is the lower to poverty class and those that work for the government. It was interesting to see a culture that is mostly driven by a poverty mindset: The poverty mindset keeps people in their own little circle or world. It is all about them and what they can get for their family. They...
The newest addition to our family came into this world on February 1st. She weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and was 19 inches long. She surprised us all with having black hair - Owen and Hannah were born with next to nothing for hair and even then it was real light. She impressed the doctors at the hospital by gaining back her birth weight and passing it by an ounce (a rarity, I guess). Our first day at home (today) went well. She was awake for most of the morning and through lunch and then took a nap in the afternoon. She nurses well and doesn't get upset by all the noise Owen and Hannah make. Hannah loves to come over and pat her on the head and Owen will talk to her and hold her hand. I am working on wrapping my mind around the fact that I am a mother of 3 - it makes me feel old! :) I'm healing well from my C-Section, the hardest part is forcing myself to stay put and letting Paul do things for me. He's a great nurse, cook, father, husband.... : )
We were rushing down the backroads, our speedometer telling us we were very much over the speed limit. But at the state I was in, I just wanted to get there. He was breech. They rushed me into surgery. Within 10 minutes of being at the hospital Owen was born. And here we are 7 years later. You bring so much good to our lives, Owen. Your inquisitive mind. Your desire to do the right thing. But we know you were not given to us to keep. We know you were placed in our care so that you could grow up to love God. And serve Him. And bring His name glory. You've done so much growing in your first 7 years and we are so excited to see you continue to grow into the man God desires you to be. I could get all weepy and talk about how I want you to stay my little boy forever. But you aren't, so I won't. You are God's, and I just get to keep you for a little while. So keep growing. Keep learning. Keep strivi...
I love you Owen!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grandma K