And, so I made a list of my intentional steps for the next 48 hours (and really, probably longer!):
1. Shutting off the noise. No news. No social media. No mindless scroll.
2. Getting outside. Even if it’s 40 degrees. Breathing fresh air and reminding myself of the good things that still are.
3. Preaching Truth to myself. Through scripture and prayer. Always going back to the Promises that have never changed.
4.
Hugging someone. Studies have shown that an 8 second hug does wonders
for the mood (hello, increased happy hormones!). In a year of little
physical contact, hugging someone you love takes on a whole new level,
doesn't it?
If you are also feeling the rising anxiety of
this political season, I encourage you to take some intentional steps,
even the 4 stated above, towards a healthier mindset. It's amazing what
shutting off noise and filling our hearts with Truth will do for the
mind!
May we walk through this day, and the days to come,
with our mind, heart, and soul focused on the One who holds it all in
His control. Working all for good.
Let's intentionally walk that Way.
Thanks for posting this. I fight these same feelings welling up inside me, and your steps to combat the lies and hysteria from Satan are great advice. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteHeidi Edelman
I'm so glad it was helpful, Heidi! I've got to keep reminding myself of these intentional steps, too. One day at a time...
Delete