As Family We Go: 2016 Lookback


A few years back I got Rend Collective's Christmas CD. During the Christmas season it is just about the only thing that plays in the van. My personal favorite, and what has become our family theme, is their song: For All That You Have Done.  It's sung to the tune of Auld Lang Syne.  The lyrics are below:

Your grace will never be forgot
Your mercy all my life
Will be my soul's forever song
My story and my light 

  January: celebrating 34 years of Paul


From mountaintop to valley low
Through laughter and through tears
Surely the goodness of my God
Will follow all the years


February: Welcoming long-time friends, and all their children, into our home, for a weekend of sweet fellowship and friendship building.

 March: celebrating Easter with a Sedar dinner. Following Paul along on his sportscaster adventures


For all that you have done for me
For every battle won
I'll sing a song to bless your heart
For all that you have done
 
 April: Spring break trip to Pokagon and celebrating 8 years of Hannah

 May: Road trip with just Paul and I to a friend's wedding in Nebraska and saying goodbye to another school year


In all our failures and regrets
You've always led us home
Redemption's arm has raised us up
Our triumph in the storm


 June: saying goodbye to sweet Grandma Jane. A more selfless, humble, gentle heart I haven't found. And a family vacation to Edisto Beach, SC

 July: Meeting up with missionary friends on furlough and making the most of our zoo pass

 August: the startup of another school year and saying "So Long!" to a house we have owned for the past 10 years.

 
In unity we'll stand as one
As family we'll go
Shoulder to shoulder, hand in hand
Into the great unknown


 September: Paul completes his first triathlon, after only signing up the week before the event. And we welcomed back to the States our dear Wiegands of Zambia.



 October: we celebrated 10 years of Owen and completed the Columbus Marathon (my first full!) is memory of Bryer and in support of his parents, Justin and Carey.

November: We reflected on the many reasons we have to give thanks.  Celebrating with Ohio family and Illinois family all in the Thanksgiving weekend.

  December: celebrating with family - Suvars and Steffens, being ever-so-thankful that everyone could make it there.


For all that you have done for me
For every battle won
I'll sing a song to bless your heart
For all that you have done.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope