November Lookback



I woke up this morning, got ready for the day....and then the 2-hour delay text came through.

It was incredible tempting to go back to bed fully dressed, but I know from past experience that I would regret it later.

So, I drank my coffee, did my devotion, and decided to take this little window of time to finally post my November Lookback.

I know I am the one who enjoys these the most as it is myself looking back over my own past month.  Still, I thank you for walking down memory lane with me.

And as I sit in this slightly chilly house, with the outdoor thermometer reading -2, it’s sort of pleasant to look back on the warmer days of November.

A field trip to a self-sustaining farm, a morning drive to see the Blackhawk Christian Braves win the Championship in volleyball, a weekend trip to Detroit to sing with the church choir, many afternoons of raking leaves, taking a night walk to see the Super Moon, and of course the Thanksgiving traveling.

November didn’t see crazy hectic, but looking back at the pictures and remembering, I guess it was pretty full.

I love November and the central theme of being thankful. It’s something I strive for daily, all year. Though there are days I fail miserably. But to have a whole month where everywhere you look someone, something is reminding you of the gift of gratitude, well, it’s a great change of pace.

And now, as we are in the midst of Christmas week, may we not get so lost in the to-dos, and wish-I-didn’t-have-to, to stop and reflect on what temperament ushered in this Holiday Season: thankfulness.
And there is always, always, always...something to be thankful for.



 Nearly complete! Just needs the door handle...
 Cooking outdoors has it's perks: the mess is outside, the heat is outside....and I don't have to cook.
 We had to take a little walk in order to see the Super Moon. It wasn't very 'super' from our perspective, but the kids sure thought the walk in the dark was fun.
 Super Moon in the AM, still going strong.
 Field trip with first graders
 And early morning drive and an exciting game: Blackhawk Christian Braves State Champs!



 "Quick mom! Take a picture of how strong I am!"

 A weekend trip to Detroit, and the 'exciting' bus ride experience

 After a year, the braces came off!

 A night of fellowship and worship with the Band.

 We were fortunate to get one of the turkeys that Gateway Farms raised this year. it barely fit in the oven, and gave us close to 10 meals in leftovers.

 I got chilly enough to fire up the woodstove

 Thanksgiving with the Garrisons
 And no, I did not mean to make a face in my mashed potatoes...

 Post-Thanksgiving gathering with the Gramms

And at the end of the month: the start of Basketball Season and game announcing. Our view from the crow's nest.

Comments

  1. I always think these are fun. :) I may have to get your tips for cooking that bird! They were huge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope