October Lookback


 I love October. The cooler weather, the blue of the sky, the sound of the leaves as you rustle through them.

For the last several years October has also meant Race Month. The culmination of months of training ends at the Columbus Marathon. This year I did the full 26.2 instead of the 13.1.

It was exhilarating.

It was inspiring.

It was painful.

But oh, so worth it.

To be able to run in support of our friends Justin and Carey and in memory of their son was an honor indeed.

The month was also filled up with barn building, family get togethers, Owen's birthday, and Grandparents' Day.

October did not disappoint.


 Owen turns 10! I've been a mom for a decade....seems like I should have this parenting thing figured out by now but I am finding out daily I still have a long way to go.

 Hannah and Madeline made him birthday gifts. Hannah made her own Lego Kit, complete with hand-drawn instructions. I think it is supposed to be a computer....?
Madeline glued rocks onto paper to make a picture, and painted a wood block.


 Some leaf raking got done....ish.

 We took Paul's parents out for their 40th Anniversary. 
It's always a good time when this group gets together!

 It's nice when we can have an evening where we are just home, able to spend time outside together after supper.

 Paul's brother Sam, Paul, and I ran the Fort 4 Fitness (we call it the Stache Dache) No stache for me and not a whole lot of dasheing, but it got done nonetheless.


 A Saturday spent at my mom and dad's with cousins and Aunt Kathy and Uncle Curt.


 The last of our evening walks. The time change saw to that.....

 All 'dressed up' for Grandparents' Day!

 Race Weekend! We were able to spend time with the Largents, I was able to cuddle the sweet Arrow, and we were both able to finish our 26.2.

 I love this family. They are such an inspiration of perseverance and faith.
 
 Done! I don't think I caught the marathon bug. I'll be going back to 13.1 next year.  Maybe someday I'll do another full, but not anytime soon....

And to cap it off, I was flipping through the Race Guide that we were given and who happens to be pictured from last year's race in his red Bryer's Song shirt? Paul, of course!
We had a Saturday that was perfect for flying kites

 Ah, the many gorgeous colors of October!

 So Madeline got a hold of a few of my decorative gourds and proceeded to play with them in the dollhouse. I didn't know this until I sat down on the couch later that evening and saw this staring at me.


 Parent Teacher Conferences on Thursday means a day off for everyone on Friday! We took in the zoo one more time...
 And of course the month is rounded out with a little bit of costuming. Madeline is a swimmer and Hannah is a detective.

 And then we did it a second time....Hannah is a fox, Madeline a butterfly, and Owen, well, Owen is a tree... I love all these costumes because they are 99% children created, momma had a 1% part to play and that is just fine with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope