One year later

One year later.

If I had any idea what was going to happen just 48 hours after I posted my lowest-point-in-the-journey post, I, well, I would have just cried harder.

January 28th, 2014, this is what our house looked like:



Thank you, Polar Vortex.

And here we are 1 year later (almost, by a couple hours).  I still get a visceral feeling when I look at the above pictures.

But I don't want these after pictures to be all about 'look at this great place we have.'  Because it's not about that.

Sure, I am so very thankful for where we are at in this moment.

But I recognize that not a single bit of this is because of anything I have done.

This is just another shout-out, giving recognition where it is due.

After a valley that lasted close to two years, the Lord has brought me through it.

He didn't pick me up right out of the middle of it.  I had to walk right on through to the other side.

There were no lessons to be learned in getting plucked out of the valley.  Lessons are learned as we walk, trudge, desperately clinging to His hand.  Until we walk, blinking into the sunshine.

No doubt this will not be the last valley I must journey, but I praise God He brought me through.

He is faithful, and when that next valley comes, He will be there for that one, too.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope