Confessions of a bad speller

You can ask my mother.

Spelling is not my strong suit.

I was the one who spelled "celery" in her class Spelling Bee: S-E-L-E-R-Y.

And we were going through the spelling words alphabetically and the kid before me had a word that started with B...

In my opinion, spell check was one of the greatest things that could happen to technology.  I was so excited the day I discovered those little red squiggles under my words as I typed.

Slightly different topic:
 O Holy Night is my most favorite Christmas song.  I wrote about it a bit last year.  I wanted to make something that I could hang up and see throughout the Christmas season, that would bring me back to focus and even get me humming the tune.

So I made this.




Unfortunately, it was dry for over 24 hours before I realized my mistake.  I immediately was trying to think up a way of fixing it.  Paul encouraged me to leave it as it is.  My perfectionist Type A personality was striving against it.

But as I let it set, I began to think.  It serves as a great reminder that we are not perfect, and despite our imperfections, things can still be beautiful, and point us to Who it is all about.  Because our imperfections can show the wonderful grace of our Jesus.

He is the One who can thill thrill our hearts, and cause the weary world to rejoice.  We need to be open to our mistakes, our shortcomings, our sins.  Willing to admit them.  Not cover them up so things look beautiful on the outside.

When we can lay our sin at His feet, admit we can't do this on our own, well, that makes my weary heart rejoice.

And God can cause your weary heart to rejoice as well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope