what's keeping me going lately



 If you have talked to me in person lately, I'm sure it is apparent that I am burning out.

The link that you just read over?  Yeah, it describes me pretty well.  Sigh.

But I'm not going anywhere.  I'm still in this thing.  I'm gonna continue to shepherd these kids, and love these kids, and keep these kids accountable for their own lives.

But some days I am just worn out.  There are crummy days, days that feel just a little bit singed around the edges.   And days that feel like the whole thing needs scrapped and started again. And those days I am drawing my strength from these words:


If the Lord had not been on our side—

if the Lord had not been on our side
    when people attacked us,
they would have swallowed us alive
    when their anger flared against us;
the flood would have engulfed us,
    the torrent would have swept over us,
the raging waters
    would have swept us away.
Praise be to the Lord,
    who has not let us be torn by their teeth.
We have escaped like a bird
    from the fowler’s snare;
the snare has been broken,
    and we have escaped.

Our help is in the name of the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 124 (emphasis mine)


Because even on the crummiest of days, I know that God is still on my side.  And to think if God wasn't on my side.....I shudder. 

God has promised to always be on the side of those that seek His face.  Be encouraged to know that no matter how crummy a day may get, if you are seeking Him, well, He's got your back.
You are like a bird who has escaped the cage - you are free!  You don't have to be defined by the crumminess.

Thank God for that.


Comments

  1. Love you. Praying your armor doesn't feel too heavy today. Hope that the HP luncheon gives you a much needed boost and refreshment!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope