Trying to put it into words

I feel like I haven't had a lot to say lately.  I've had a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head but nothing that really formulated into something that could be put into words.

At least not enough words to make a post about it.

But maybe as I type something will come about.

I thought about how gorgeous the weather has been these last few weeks and how we have gotten a glimpse of summer a few months early.  Summer with school still going on, which means I get to enjoy the outdoors with my little kids during the school day without the added responsibility of the big kids.

And by enjoying this time with my kids I have to remind myself to live in the moment.  Enjoy this moment.  So many of my moments are spent thinking about other moments - ones that have already happened or ones that are to come.

And I lose the joy of moment that I am in.

I think about how God wants us to enjoy our moments in the now, but with an ever present thought of eternity.  Enjoy this moment, because God has ALL moments in His control, and know that there is a MUCH better moment coming someday.

Better than these sunshiny summer days in the middle of March.

I've also been thinking about my sinful nature.

And how I just keep messing up in the same areas over and over again.

I was reading a devotion earlier in the week and it had a prayer which said (in some paraphrase):
Today I choose death to this sin that has a grip on me.  Sin's power has been broken and no longer has it's grip on me.  Today I am going to let You, Jesus, respond to this area of defeat.  By faith I will exercise the life and power that are mine in Christ Jesus (In Touch, April 2012)

I was really struck by those words.  So often, so very often, I go back to God and ask him to forgive me yet again for some sin in my life.  I don't know if I have (or if I have, it's been a long time) asked Jesus to nail a particular sin to the cross and claim victory over a specific sin.

For me, I think this is a prayer that I will need to pray daily.  And I have started to ever since I read that prayer a few days ago.  I have noticed a difference in the areas that I ask Jesus to take and crucify.

Because I know I can't do this on my own.

This new realization seems appropriate for the time we are in, leading up to the celebration of Easter and how Jesus gave himself up willingly for ALL people, died on an ugly, cruel cross, and ROSE from death to claim VICTORY or SIN and DEATH so that we all may have hope of an eternal life in HEAVEN.

Ooo, that gives my goosebumps on my arms and a smile on my face.

Well, looky there.  I guess I was able to type some words after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope