Just let go...

Humility...ahhh..such an easy word to say, such a tough thing to achieve. I have been faced recently with the opportunity to work on this. Something in my life has not gone my way - it went God's way instead. I have prayed all along that God's will would be done, but when it actually occurred and it didn't go along with my plans, well, that is a hard pill to swallow. I have had to work on humility and remind myself that life isn't about my glory, it's about His glory. So I have been thinking and praying about this over the last few days and trying to work on it. And then I was reminded by someone today that it's not the matter of me "working on it" - it's the matter of me letting go and allowing God to work through me to make me into something pleasing in His sight.

There is so much more to this story and so much more that I am trying to understand and work through, but I wanted to get this much typed up and recorded for a couple reasons 1) I want to be about to come back to this some day and hope that I have improved from this point and 2) I want someone to ask me how I'm doing every once in awhile - keep me accountable.

Because although I am going to work on letting go and allowing God to work, I may try to pick up the reigns from time to time and try to do something myself.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope