Intentional Series: Thoughts

This past week there have been several circumstances, one after another, that seemed to speak the same thing to my heart, to my mind.

"You are not valued."  "You are not needed." "Your opinion doesn't matter."

Different events that left me feeling used, betrayed, ignored, passed over.  And not just myself, but saw it for members of my family as well.  It just seemed to be the week for some hard hits.

When these circumstances happen it can be very easy to give into those thoughts that I listed above.  Pity parties are really easy to throw. And it can often be real easy to just stay at that party, to stay hurt, to let thoughts and feeling fester.

But I also know this truth: Hurt people hurt people.

If we allow ourselves to hold on to those thoughts and let them rule us we will end up hurting someone else, whether intentionally, or not.

Instead, we need to find Truth and we need to speak it louder into our lives than what our feelings and lies are screaming at our heart and mind. We need to fill our thoughts with good.

I do not count it a coincidence that this song played on the radio in the midst of my hurting. Perhaps it will also be truth to you today, and be something to recall in the future, as we look to be intentional about the thoughts we let rule our minds:
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know.
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, You say that I am Yours
And I believe,
What You say of me
I believe


Want to make sure you don't miss a single one of these posts from the Intentional series? Sign up to receive them in your inbox every Monday morning HERE.
With Intention,
Nichole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope