Week 17: Taking it outside

Catching up, this was actually last week. Posting this today is a bit ironic as it feels like it has rained daily since these pictures were taken.


Which makes me thankful I worked outside when I did.

Generally Saturdays are when we clean the house but this day was too gorgeous to stay inside so we tackled all of the flower beds and the front porch.

I feel like I have a decent eye for laying out my home in a way that is pleasing to the eye and makes me feel calm and comfortable.

However, it ends at the front door.

I am really at a loss when it comes to making the outside of our house looking anything but, well, drab.

It may be because things that are needed to make it look better cost way more than what I've got to put into it.

As you can see, our concrete porch only covers about 2/3 of the actual porch area. Our stone drive is in dire need of resurfacing.  And I don't have a clue what to do with plants to make them look like they were naturally planted, but organized at the same time.

But, for now, I work with what I got. And for decluttering the outside, that means cleaning up dead leaves, cutting down old plants from last Fall, picking up bits of trash that blow in, and trying to figure out where to go with all the various sticks and creations my kids come up with that clutter up our patio table and bench.






It took several hours, but looked so much better once we were done!

And, if anyone has some helpful, fairly inexpensive tips for how I can make the outside look better....I welcome anything you got!

Comments

  1. You could buy a 4 pack of flowers and plant them in a hanging basket and hang it or you could make a colorful wreath with summer flowers and hang it by your front door:) Marcia (Carmen's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia, you have a way with plants! I need you to come out here :) Everything would be in the shade, so I'm thinking ferns and impatiens...but that's all I can think of!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell me how you live intentional. I'd love to know!

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope