Romans 12:9




 Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Romans 12:9a

When I saw this would be the verse I would focus on for April, my first thought was that it should have been put in February to go along with Valentine's Day.  All that lovey-dovey stuff and such.

Then a few days ago the thought came to me.

This year, this is the month that embodies love. Romans 12:9 speaks of loving from the very core of who you are.  True authenticity.

This isn't fake love.  Pretending to love someone. Pretending to care in hopes and gaining something in return.

But, we may argue, some people are hard to love.

I could not agree more.  I have seen some of them.  And some have even asked me why I care.

And I have to tell them honestly. The only good thing coming out of me is Jesus.

I love you because of Jesus.

To authentically love someone, regardless of their actions towards us, takes Jesus.

And we are now into the week that showed the true, authentic love.  There is no greater love than a man who gives his life for another.

I know such a man.  My Jesus did that for me.  And for you.

He loved us DESPITE ourselves. 

Christ has regarded our helpless estate,  
and has shed His own blood for our souls
(It is Well with my Soul)

Easter is the culmination of true love.  And it doesn't get ANY better than that.

Are you having trouble loving someone?  Turn to Jesus.  Give it to Jesus.  All of it.  You will be amazed with the results.



To see past posts, click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope