October Reflections

And just like that.....we are in November.

October has been a month of lessons learned on love.

What does the Love of God look like in our lives?

How are we showing this to those around us?

So often I fall into the pit of believing that I can show other's God's love on my own strength and will.  I try it and I find myself exhausted and wrung out and sitting in my closet, crying on the floor.

You might think I am exaggerating.....I'm not.

But God, in His patience and mercy, shows me how I am not capable of this.  It is only when I allow Him to work through me that other can start seeing God's love in my life.  Then it is not MY love being poured out to others....it is HIS love filling me up, overflowing into the lives of those that surround me.

So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
How You lived, how You died
Love is sacrifice
So let my life be the proof,
The proof of Your love
 
-For King and Country
 
 
Hannah working on her cutting skills
This girl makes me laugh daily

Owen's birthday cake

One of my cake decorator helpers.....

.....and the other one.

Owen is 6!

Hmmmm....I believe it is time to retire the umbrella.

Loved the couple of 70 degree days we had!  Clothes on the line, children in the sandbox, blue skies above...beautiful!

Thankful for a few donated pumpkins - a night of pumpkin carving

A cowboy, and kitty, and a 'pretty dress'  Managed to throw it together in 5 minutes and they loved it.  Success!

Heading to the Church's Harvest party. Beautiful sunset over campus.

Yeah, some days I feel like that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope