Thank you.



Thank you, Jesus.

You didn't have to do it.  You didn't have to go through all that suffering.

You didn't have to take all MY sins upon yourself, bear them on the cross, causing you to be separated from God.

You didn't have to experience Hell.

You didn't have to go through all the shame and humiliation.

You could have just lived a perfect life and been a wonderful example for us all.

But then I never would make it to heaven.

Because I am full of sin and lead a very imperfect life.

Thank you, Jesus, for going through all that awful stuff for me.  You died and experience Hell so that I could live and celebrate in Heaven.

I don't deserve it, but I am so, so THANKFUL for it.

Thank you.


But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope