2 months old!




Well, the second month was much more difficult than the first. Hannah has been very fussy and will have periods of crying that we just can't console. This week has been a little better, she will have some times where I can lay her down and she doesn't immediately start crying. For awhile there, I had to carry her around in the snugli everywhere we went. Currently she is sleeping for about 6 hours at night and will go about every 3 hours during the day. Nursing is also going a little better this week. For the last month Hannah would nurse for about 5 minutes and then get really upset and then not eat anymore (I think I talked about this in a previous post). At any rate, that is going a little bit better. We go into the doctor next week on the 24th for her 2 month appt.


Owen is starting a loud whiny phase. I think it has to do with not getting as much attention anymore. He is wanting to do everything in his timetable, not ours. We are working on "listening and obeying" and consequences if not. Paul made a good point the other day: The frustration we feel at times with our little ones when they don't listen and obey, is so small to what God must feel when we don't listen and obey Him. I picture God saying the same things to me that I say all day to Owen: "Don't touch, stay away, listen to me, how many times do i have to tell you...etc." I need to keep reminding myself of this, because when I do, I am convicted to be more patient with Owen.


Speaking of children, I believe they are 'calling' for me now....onward and forward : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The jig is up

Madeline Nichole Suvar

Of loss and hope